Sunday, June 12, 2011

Two Becoming One

Tonight I decided that I needed to add an additional blog to my repertoire. And that for this one, I wanted to focus specifically on marriage.

Marriage is the best thing that has happened to me on this planet. That is not to say that it has always been easy, because it hasn't. But it is still hands down the best thing that I've ever been a part of.

The Bible talks about how a man is to leave his father and mother and cleave to his wife. Marriage was in the heart of God from the very beginning when he said that it wasn't good for man to be alone. I know that we've all heard jokes about marriage and how typically the world views marriage as old fashioned and all that, but I"m here to tell you that it is a very good thing, and that when it is working the way that God intends it to, then you can experience a powerful relationship that will prove to be extremely rewarding for the both of you.

My good friend Joe McGee puts it this way: "You don't find a good marriage, you build one. And the marriages that have been put to the test and lasted are the ones where both parties work diligently at them. Anything that you have that is worth something has had much effort and time invested in it. And if we think that our marriages will be good just because we wish them to be, then we are fooling ourselves.

So come with me on this journey of discovering the greatness that you can have in your marriage, if you are willing to work for it. I guess the question is then, are you willing to put in the extra time and effort to make your marriage the best that it can be?

No comments:

Post a Comment