Wednesday, June 15, 2011

How Does She Know?

One of the things that I like about this new blog on marriage is that it lets my sentimental and romantic side out a little bit more often. I am truly a romantic at heart, even if my gruff exterior sometimes hides that fact. I read years ago in a book about knights, that one of the characteristics of them was that they knew how to truly love well. I don't think you can really love someone well unless there is a little bit of a romantic on the inside of you. Most men do have it, they just choose to not show it very often.

I saw the movie "Enchanted" a few years back, and it may actually be one of my all time favorite Disney movies. It has a great story, and one of the best songs ever written. What I really love about this part of the movie is that you see one of the things that Disney has been great at in every fairy tale cartoon they have ever made, and that is the large musical number including a huge cast of characters singing and dancing.

In the video I've posted on here, you will see that with real people for a change. It brings a smile to my heart every time I see it. It helps me to remember to show Cheryl my bride how much I love her. There is a line in the song that I think really says it all, "You got to show her you need her, not treat her like a mind reader." And that unfortunately is what we men tend to do.

So enjoy my favorite Disney video from the movie "Enchanted", and guys don't forget to tell her how much she means to you. Live well, and love large!


No comments:

Post a Comment