Friday, February 20, 2015

My Princess is About to Become a Queen

Two weeks from tomorrow, my baby girl is getting married.  And as a dad, I've got all types of emotions running through my mind.  And they range from fear to totally excited.  My daughter has always been happy, but the past few months as the day approaches, she's been giddy.  The smile on her face just can't get any bigger.  

I've done quite a bit of reflecting in the past several months too. Questions about whether I've done enough or even given her the right tools to make it out there in the world have swirled through my mind like a maelstrom.  It's been interesting to say the least.

April, or Sissy as I like to call her, had my heart from the moment the doctor pulled her out, and it is true when they say a little girl can melt her daddy's heart with just a smile.  I was thinking just the other day about how I used to hold her in my arms and dance around he room singing to her.  And in just two weeks I'll be dancing with her at her wedding, where she will look radiant.  I can't wait to see her in her wedding dress.

My little girl is growing up and becoming a woman.  No longer will she be my little princess, she has found her knight in shining armor and on March 7th will become his queen.  Exciting times ahead for sure.

As I was thinking about this blog, I remembered a video I made for her 7 years ago set to the song Fingerprints of God by Steven Curtis Chapman, it brought a tear to my eyes. Click here if you'd like to see it.  

Strength and honor for the Kingdom and the King!

No comments:

Post a Comment